Pages

▼

Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday's Discovery

Bravery - the discovery of the week/month/year. A family who was leaving for awhile left us a plastic slide that we could use while they were gone. I had put it up when Kaleb was starting to crawl around because I didn't want him to hurt himself. Recently, I have brought it out of the storage closet. Kaleb can stand on the bottom step but usually needs help getting to the top and sliding down. I was working with J when I looked up and saw this...

on the second step....


on the third step....




success!!!!

Can you tell he was pleased with himself? Every time he moved a little, he screamed with joy at his achievement. Bravery, this child has very little fear. That can be good and bad. To aid in his safety while practicing the slide steps, I have placed every pillow I own around the slide to prevent too harsh of a fall. He still has to learn how to sit and slide but for now, he was on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment