This will be a place to share details of my life, my homeschooling, and my crafts in a foreign country.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Dr. Dolittle Scrapbook
This week in our Sonlight adventure, we are reading The Story of Dr. Dolittle by Hugh Lofting. J absolutely loves animals and this book is full of animals to study. I wanted to add a scrapbook of sorts during the reading of this book. When we are introduced to an animal in the story, J can work on a mini-scrapbook page. She can add a picture of the animal at the top, trace the name, and add facts as we read about each one. I have several animal encyclopedias that we will use while reading the book so the research time will be minimal.
I added a page for each animal suggested in the manual. I also added a blank page for any other animals that you would like to add. At the end of the file, I included 3 pages of animal images that your child can cut and paste, if he doesn't want to draw. This is my first, true, self made printable. It is not perfect but I made it and I am offering it to you for use in your homeschool. If you download, I would love to hear from you. If there are any problems/errors that I have overlooked, please inform me and I will fix them. Hope this adds to your enjoyment of The Story of Dr. Dolittle. Please click HERE to download.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Awesome!!! Saving this for later & I'll link to you when we use this - very neat idea for the book!
ReplyDeleteI've been looking for a good chapter read-aloud for the boys, and I think this made the choice for me. :-)
-Becca
This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much--you saved me a huge amount of time looking up all the animals--and I love the way you designed the pages with the tracing letters. Now my younger son will be able to participate as well!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad this will help you. Thanks so much for the encouragement.
ReplyDelete