We were stuck inside during the terrible hurricane Irma so we were unable to work on our nature journals outside. But something amazing happened - when I was walking outside our house, I found a complete butterfly laying in our flower bed. It had already died but it was intact. So we collected the butterfly and decided to learn about it.
We studied the butterfly and found out it was a Gulf Fritilary. J wanted to try to preserve it so we stuck it in the freezer. Well, we lost power after that so I am not sure we preserved it well.
Our journal entries for the week, we learned about porcupines, moles and our butterfly.
Then, we waited for Irma and worked on our journals. We learned about deer as well.
J added a few more pages because the heat was getting to her:) And it was hot! She drew a coyote, mountain lion, and a rex rabbit which she owns. I love that she is really getting into journaling. Now that we finally got our electricity back on....we will be going on our weekly nature hikes. Yay! See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment