Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Nature Journaling - Week 5

Every week, we try to add to our nature journal. Sometimes, I ask them to draw something that we did or something we saw. Other times, they add drawings of animals that they learned about during Science. It varies but I have loved the results. I also love being able to paint together. We nature journal together and we enjoy it.


After our visit to the corn maze, I had the kids sit down and break out their journals. Kaleb decided to draw a stalk of corn.


J decided to draw some of the animals she encountered at the farm - several horses, chickens, and cows.


Here are their journals - J included a horse that she hand fed and a chicken that she pet. Kaleb is more a simple man - He added a corn stalk and an ear of corn. Both were painted with water colors.


My journal included the corn maze but also our simple experiment to see more wildlife in our yard. We added birdseed and Cheerios (we were desperate) to a clay dish and placed it where we saw some squirrels in our yard. We were hoping to be able to observe them. But, they didn't come. It sat in our yard with no visitors. No one came - not even the birds. We were bummed out:( Oh well, you live and learn:) Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment