Thursday, October 5, 2017

Riley's Rhymes - Itsy Bitsy Spider

A new unit is ready for Riley's Rhymes - Itsy Bitsy Spider. It is the month of October and it seemed like a good time to pull out our spider rhyme. If you haven't heard of Riley's Rhymes - it is a gentle tot school with a focus on nursery rhymes and songs while learning about shapes and colors. I want you to know that I am not pushing "school" on my tot. He asked me to do school and this is what I came up with ;)

Today, I am offering the spider min unit download.

Here is my visual schedule for Itsy Bitsy Spider. I an a visual learner and I love the picture schedule. If you notice, there is only one activity planned for each day. I didn't want to overwhelm Riley so I only planned for one a day. Riley usually wants to do more so I have other activities in his basket. I place each activity into a ziplock bag with all of the items needed to complete it. So it is just grab and go. After we read the book based on the rhyme, Riley will choose a bag and we will work the activity.


In my unit, I have included 2 part spider puzzles to reinforce color recognition. I laminated these and placed magnets on the back.


Another activity in my download are spider number cards. I am only focusing on counting, not so much as number recognition. But, if I know Riley, he will want to match the colors of the pompoms to the colors of the spiders. We will be using our pom pom magnets with these cards. These are just a few activities included in the download. There are also shape two part puzzles and a shape game as well as the coloring page for the bag book. Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment