Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Sewing Day

The other day, J came to me and asked if we could have a sewing day. It was rainy and dreary and it just seemed like the thing to do. A sewing day - what could be better? I found a simple project that I thought J would like to do - these cute little owls. It's fall, pumpkin time, and owls just seemed to fit right in:)


 The owls came with two different sizes and they were simple enough to made in a day.


I had her cut out the pattern, pin it, and cut the fabric all herself. I walked her through the process of making it verbally and she did great.


My sweet girl and her first owl - I love it.


She made another for her room and then she also made a mini one. They turned out so cute:)


And this is my sewing project for the day - a mini sunshine quilt. It is nice to stop and take a day to do something you love.

Links

Sew Can She - has the pattern for the easy owls that we used.

Sew Can She - also has the pattern for the mini sunshine quilt.



No comments:

Post a Comment