Nature journaling has been one of our highlights each week. The kids choose something they learned about or seen about in nature and draw/write about it in their journals. I love seeing the improvements in their drawing (as well as in mine:).
J and Kaleb both drew an owl since this was the week we dissected owl pellets. We had a ton of bones from each pellet. I was amazed at how many the owl can pack into one pellet.
My journal also included owls, a couple of drawings of bones we found, and one interesting thing that happened - a squirrel fell out of our tree into the road. We didn't want it to get squished and yucky right around our driveway, so we buried her in our back yard. My true homeschooler wants to unbury her in a few months to check out the skeleton. Haha! I love homeschooling:) See you soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment