Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Lentil (part 2)

Lentil (Picture Puffins)

Sorry this post is late - DH took the camera with my pics for this post and I had to wait for him to return. We were still wondering why the Statue of Liberty turned green and we found out it was due to pollution (the vinegar). We checked on our pennies and this is how they looked.
I think we will do another experiment to see if we can clean them up! The story of Lentil takes place in Ohio and J colored a sheet with the state bird and flower on it.

The musicians in the book couldn't play their instruments because Old Man Sneep was sucking on lemons. So we tried sucking on lemons as well. These are the faces we made.
This pic is alittle blurry but you get the idea! We also made lemon sorbet. I found a new mix in the baking section here and thought we should try it. It was actually good but it didn't make much.

We learned about the ear and our taste buds by reading about them in our body book and then creating mini books. Our book about the ear....


and the taste buds...

with J demonstrating where her tastebuds were. We discussed different tastes - sweet, sour, bitter, and salty. And Kaleb is demonstrating his use of taste buds... (don't worry I didn't let him eat it although he has eaten worse things) (he made this mess by the way, haha)

And we made our own homemade harmonica!

I made a simple craft this week. I have been seeing these pompom magnets used across the blogsphere and I wanted to make some as well. I brought the items back from America to do this and I finally took the time to glue them together. I bought some magnet disks from Michael's and a package of pompoms. I used Aleene's glue and we ended up with an open-ended manipulative.
J is creating a flower with them. We will use them to practice patterns, create pictures, letters, etc...

Cute and easy. I also finished a quilt this weekend.
Well, we are off to another book adventure! Smile.

Here are some Lentil book links:

Home School Share favorite place, I always try to go there first. They have great printables and lapbooks for free!

Exploratorium found the directions for our homemade harmonica.

Infantbibliophile she rowed about her adventures.

Outside the sandbox the colored water experiment in the wine glasses looked fun but I didn't have any wine glasses!

Youtube Lentil Video.

And if you want to make your own puff-ball magnets or print activities to do with them, Mama Jenn has some great links.

No comments:

Post a Comment