This is the last post for Storm in the Night written by Mary Stolz. This post is mainly about the science we learned using the book. I saw an idea about a cloud finder by Nature Watch but it was alittle pricey (for classroom use). Then I found a link for the A-Priori Mommy and she had made one. All I had to do was e-mail her and she sent the awesome file for the cloud finder. It was great!
We read about the different clouds and then went on the balcony to see what we could find. It was a really cloudy/raining day today, so we got to see alot.
We played scientist and conducted an experiment with a large ball of cotton and some water. The experiment can be found 2 Teaching Mommies.
Storm in the Night links
YouTube a storm to listen to and watch
Boat Safe Kids pictures of different types of clouds and their meanings
Kids Activities different activities for rainy weather
Kinder Days ideas on how to Row Storm in the Night
Living and Learning a lapbook on Storm in the Night
No Time For Flashcards puffy paint clouds which look fun (I didn't do them but we might later)
Steve Spangler Science how to blow up Ivory soap in the microwave (this looks so cool, I really want to do this but I am not sure if we have Ivory soap here)
Little Giraffes weather ideas
Weather Wiz Kids cloud in a bottle experiment
Homeschool Share lapbook resources, great website!
No comments:
Post a Comment