Monday, February 9, 2015

Jesus Feeds the 5,000

Our Bible Lesson for the week was Jesus feeds the 5,000. What an amazing story - feeding so many people with just a few items - 5 loaves and 2 fish.

Day 1:


Kaleb is coloring the sheet while listening to the lesson.


Kaleb practiced his books of the New Testament. I made his puzzle easier - he matches the names of the books to the pictures.


J works on her New Testament Books by placing them in order. She doesn't use a picture to match. She is learning them by heart.


They worked on the craft page provided from the book. We made a basket from a paper lunch bag with the top rolled down.


I asked J how we could make these five loaves and two fish feed 5,000 people. She prayed over them but they did not multiply. We talked about ripping them into pieces but that we still probably wouldn't have enough. (She didn't want to rip her creation to prove the point.)

Day 2:


We read the lesson again and talked about it. They made another basket with fish and loaves that I found from Crafting the Word of God - link below.



We also continued to review the books of the New Testament. This time, we made a game. She would close her eyes and I would take away several of the books. She then had to tell me what book was missing.

Day 3:


We started painting noodles for our fish and noodle necklace. They chose about 10 noodles to paint.


Then, they cut fish from foam sheets. The idea for the necklace came from Busy Bee Crafts (link below).


We made pita bread using the recipe from the lesson. If you decide to do this, allot plenty of time. We started about 5 in the afternoon.


I did not take in account the amount of time it needed to rise and such. J and I were baking pita bread at 10 p.m.! It was good and the kids ate it all BUT it was a lot of work. Perhaps, next time, I will find an easier recipe.

Day 4:


Kaleb is working on his tin foil fish. I made a card stock fish and added tin foil to it. Then, gave them Sharpie markers to make designs on their fish.


It was a cute and simple craft that I found from Nurture Store (link below).


Then, they stringed their necklaces since the noodles were dry.


Pretty cute.


I had to add this pic because his smile is so silly. He loves his necklace. Next lesson for Bible is Jesus Walks on Water. See you next week.

Links

Crafting the Word of God - has two cute crafts for this lesson: a flat basket with fish and loaves or a 3D basket with fish and loaves.

Creative Kid Snacks - has a cute lunch idea with tuna fish and slices of toasted bread.

Busy Bee Kids Crafts - has a cute loaves and fishes necklace idea.

Preschool Plan It - has a whole week of lessons for the younger set. Lots of ideas here.

Michelle Paige - love her idea of Share what you have! based on this week's lesson.

Nurture Store - has a simple fish craft involving tin foil and sharpies.


No comments:

Post a Comment