Friday, February 20, 2015

Space Unit - Jupiter & Saturn

This week, we learned about Jupiter and Saturn in our Space Unit Study. We are moving through the Solar System and we are learning so much.


She is continuing her research about the planets filling in the details she reads.


She worked on her planets for the mural that we are creating in our dining room. Every time we learn about a new planet, we add it to our mural. We plan to add the dwarf planets as well.


I bought a set of planets from Toys R Us but they do not necessarily match the planets that we are learning about. So, we make due and add pieces when needed. We had to add rings around Saturn!


More research....more reading...I am so proud of J. She really has put in a ton of effort in her unit study. As I said before, she chose the topic and I just added the activities. It really does make a difference when they are invested in what they want to learn! No hands on project this week but we have a list of activities that we are going to do (and we are excited about). On to the last of the outer planets, then stars and space exploration.

No comments:

Post a Comment