Monday, February 23, 2015

Jesus Heals Centurion's Servant

Our Bible lesson this week was about Jesus healing the Centurion's servant. It was interesting other of this soldier's faith - he believed Jesus could heal heal his servant with just a word. And HE did. There wasn't a lot of fun things to do with this lesson no matter how hard I tried to find activities. So this week was somewhat short.


We started with the coloring page for the lesson while I read the passage from the Bible. Kaleb decided to join us this week - he varies...sometimes wanting to participate in our Bible lessons, sometimes not. I don't force him. I want him to like it.


We discussed the faith of this soldier and decided to make a Roman helmet (link below). Once, Kaleb saw what we were doing, he decided he wanted to make a helmet as well. But he did not want to wear it!


J was impressed with her gold Roman helmet. We tried to make the helmet craft found in the lesson but apparently gallon jugs, no matter how you cut them, won't fit on her head. The paper helmet was just right and easy enough to put together. Like I said, it was a quick week in Bible, not too much to do. I like the weeks we have lots of fun stuff so I am hoping next week will be better. See you soon.

Links

Children's Bible Lessons - has a neat 3D project for the lesson.

Growing Kids In Grace - has a few idea on the lesson as well as the printable for a Roman soldier.

Mass Explained - has a paper version of a Roman Soldier's helmet to download and color.

Crafting the Word of God - has a whole set of Roman amor to make from paper. It is really for the Armor of God but it could work with this lesson.


No comments:

Post a Comment