Monday, February 16, 2015

Jesus Walks on Water


Jesus walking on water just happens to be my daughter's favorite lesson from the Bible. I did not know that until we began but it was nice to know she had a favorite! We had some fun while learning about this miracle. I was surprised that there weren't many ideas around the web for this lesson. So, we basically did what was planned in our book.


We added a few more Books of the Old Testament for J to learn. She is up to II Corinthians. We are not on schedule with the book, we are doing it "our" way.


As I read the lesson, J colored her sheet. All of her Bible work goes into her notebook.


She worked on the maze, super easy for her, harder for Kaleb.


J made an ocean sensory bag. She cut a pair of feet and some fish from foam and added them to a ziplock bag. Then, we added some Dollar Store hair gel plus a few drops of food coloring.


She mush is around and we had Jesus' feet walking on water. A word of warning, though, if you do this project. Seal the top of the baggie with packing tape. If you don't, it will open up at a random time and cover whatever it is near. (I speak from experience, since it splashed on my mini blind. It cleaned right up.)


We talked about how difficult it would be (impossible, really) for us to walk on water. Then we did a sink/float experiment. I found several objects around the house and we discussed sinking/floating. I wrote the object down and asked if they thought it would sink or float. I noted what they said and we tested it out. There were a few things that surprised them by floating or sinking. Then I asked them to find a few objects around the house to see what would happen. Any time they can play with water, they have fun!

Not too much this week for our bible lesson. But that's okay since they still had fun and learned a lot. Hope you had a great week. See you soon.

Links

Serving Joyfully - has the experiment about the Dead Sea using an egg, salt, and water.

Bible Fun For Kids - has a few ideas for teaching the lesson, plus free printable. I loved the suggestion using two marbles.




No comments:

Post a Comment