This week's book is The Glorious Flight by Alice and Martin Provensen. It is a book about a man's determination to fly. He built eleven flying machines and attempted to cross the English Channel. We have many activities planned. Here is what we started with:
I used two diaper boxes and alot of tape to build this plane. Keke was estatic that I was recycling (her new thing right now due to her Environmental Science class). It is definitely not Kaleb proof and I don't see it hanging around for long. But J enjoyed playing pilot and we will use it later to reinact the story.We started a new bible story book and we are learning about Creation. We read the story and placed the days in order.
We are working on adding right now. I found this autumn math mat with apples. She would choose two number cards and add the numbers together.
This week and next, we will be reading about Thanksgiving and working on some Thanksgiving art projects. This was one of them. J fingerpainted leaves onto this tree. It turned out really cute but it was difficult for me to get her to place the leaves on the tree. She informed me the leaves should be on the ground since it was autumn!
Since we had the finger paint out, we went ahead and fingerpainted pumpkins onto the vines. She will cut them after they dry and make it into a fall number book. This is just the start of our week, we have many things planned. Our school had a fall fest this weekend and I leave you with J painted with a butterfly.
No comments:
Post a Comment