This will be a place to share details of my life, my homeschooling, and my crafts in a foreign country.
Friday, January 27, 2017
By the Shores of Silver Lake Notebook Pages - free printable
J and I are currently reading through the Little House books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. We using The Prairie Primer as our spine along with our reading. We had also used The Prairie Primer Lapbook CD by A Journey Through Learning. This CD gave us multiple pages for our Little House notebook that J was creating. We loved the notebooking pages and mini books but were disappointed that it only covered the first three books of the series. What were we going to do for the next five books?
I scoured the internet for lap books for the rest of the Little House books but could only come up with a few mini ones and nothing that would coincide with The Prairie Primer. I knew that we wanted to continue with the notebook as we were reading but there wasn't much to work with. So, after a long, long weekend on the computer, I made my own notebook pages to go along with By the Shores of Silver Lake. These pages follow some of the activities in the Prairie Primer. You will need the book to see how they go-along with it. These were made to be an aid to the Primer, not to replace it. So, if you are working through the Little House series, perhaps these can help you too.
These took a long time to create - I made the mini books from scratch and had to add clip art and photos. The clipart was googled from free clip art websites. I didn't add too much color because my daughter likes to decorate her own items. I am also hoping to create some notebook pages for the next few books as well. Hopefully, you will enjoy these pages as you read through the book.
Each reading begins with a page for the child to summarize what was read. The reading coincide with the readings from the Prairie Primer. Sometimes, at the bottom of the narration page, there may be some bible reading or words to look up in the dictionary.
There are some mini books to make. Again, many of these activities are from the Prairie Primer and, if you want to use some of them, you are going to need the book to know what activity they are used for.
I added a few mini books of my own to round out the unit. It seems there isn't too much for any of the Little House books after Plum Creek, so sorry if it seems sparse. But I was happy with the outcome and we now have notebook pages for our next book - yay! Hope these help you with your own literature study. Enjoy! If you would like to download the note book pages for By the Shores of Silver Lake, click the link below.
If you notice any mistakes or problems, please let me know. We have worked through the first week of these notebook pages and it seems to be going all right. But I won't know until we finish the book. Have an awesome weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




This is so nice of you. I am planning on going through these books with my boy and will definitely find these useful...thank you!
ReplyDeleteI hope you like these. J had loved the notebook aspect of our study. And thanks for your encouragement!
Delete