Thursday, January 19, 2017

God's Promises


As part of the new year in our homeschool, I knew that I wanted to have a Bible time with both of the kids together. I truly wanted to use Telling God's Story Book Two but I decided to save that for next school year and I found God's Promise by Sally Michael. J and I worked through God's Names by the same author for an Advent study. This is a simple Bible study that can be added to, if needed, or just taken at face value. Hard as it might be, we are just taking it at face value. I wanted something simple that we could do together since we had so much fun with out Christmas unit.


Each day consists of reading the lesson, reading the Bible verses, and maybe a simple project or activity. One thing you do for each lesson is write the lesson verses on a notecard and decorate it as a gift. So, we started our gift ring of Bible verses.


For Kaleb, since he is still an early writer, I made notecards that are traceable for each lesson. He decorates the other side as a present.


Sometimes, the lesson calls for a definition of a word. I made cards for each of the words that needed a definition. J is working on her cards - I love that smile!


Here's a picture of the first two lessons of God's Promise. It includes a small book, our Promise definition card and our gift verses. Not too bad for a new study. I am currently creating a file for this book for download - but not finished it yet....soon. If you would like what I have, I can send it to you. Please let me know.

I definitely like having a set time for both my kids to sit down together and learn about the Bible. This book may be somewhat over my Kaleb's head but he seems to enjoy the lessons anyway. I am glad we started this and hope to continue have Bible time together next school year.


No comments:

Post a Comment