Two days spent on moving, another two days working on finding a doctor and hospital in which to have the baby (not as easy as it sounds), a doctor visit for Kaleb....and through it all-homeschooling. We made it through it - I keep reminding myself that we can be flexible, that this is life right now for us. But, it doesn't always make me happy.
God has provided a temporary living arrangement with a more permanent one to follow. He has provided a good set of doctors, although they are making me take more tests than needed - they have taken me with only 8 more weeks to go. It may not be the way I wanted things to roll but He has provided for our needs more than once this week (furniture and housing goods, doctors and houses). I am thankful. And through it all, we worked on school.
In Math, not only did J work on her regular lessons, we reviewed different ways to solve word problems. She read a word problem and then used pictures, number line, and a ten frame to solve and check her answer.
J learned about numbers in the thousands. We worked with our base ten blocks so she could see a visual of thousand.
J is working through the first few lessons of All About Spelling pretty easily. I give her a spelling test and if she correctly spells them all, I move onto another list. Today, she took 2 spelling tests with different lists. The early lesson lists are easy so I see no need in practicing them all week.
In All About Reading, she is working on her word/phrase list before reading a story from the book. J read about a stray cat who became the mascot on a mail train. She also learned about onomatopoeia - sound words like knock and fizz.
In LLATL, J was working on learning about nouns. I found this free noun sort printable on Sarah Gardner's TPT store (link below). It is a cut-n-past fall noun sort activity. It was the perfect activity for review - person, place or thing.
She also researched the topic of Kangaroos for LLATL. We talked about fact and opinions and how to research a topic, how to find it in a book. She found some interesting facts about kangaroos.
My favorite picture of the week, though, is this letter J wrote to her sister Keke. Keke is a college student who is living with us at the moment. J wrote her a great note while I was at the doctor. It says,"Dere Keke, I love yuo and yuo are my favit sistr. Do yuo love me? Love Jadyn" Isn't that the sweetest letter? She drew a picture of her sis sleeping on the couch (which I choose to believe was before I left and not while I was at the doctor's office!).
We manage to finish another week, however it looked. We got most of our reading done and those we didn't, we will just carry to next week. Hope your week was somewhat less hectic. See you soon.
Links
No comments:
Post a Comment