We just finished Week 4 of Sonlight and I am truly struggling finding a rhythm to this year. I guess all of the moving and doctor visits aren't helping either. I am hoping it will slow down soon but it will probably only get more hectic with a new baby. I want to do more creative things for J but it seems right now, I am just keeping my head above water.
Everyday, she reads a new story from her bible story book. She is doing well with her reading.
In All About Spelling, we are still taking mini spelling tests, trying to see where to start. She had completed all of the short vowel lists and we are moving on. When she gets more than one wrong from the list, we will stop and practice the words for a week.
In Language Arts, she is learning about proper nouns, hyphens, and action words. She is also memorizing a poem for the week.
We are working through two lessons in her All About Reading right now. I am taking a slower approach because of our schedule right now. I will probably increase the lessons later in the year.
J tolerates handwriting. I keep emphasizing neatness.
In one of her reading stories this week, it talked about the floor plan of a houseboat. She made a floor plan of her room using printables from All About Reading.
We are reviewing skip counting in math as well as doubles. She seems to have forgotten several of them so it was time to review.
Sisters mucking it up in front of the camera. Nothing like having a sis to play around with during the school day :) Hope your week was fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment