Thursday, September 25, 2014

Letter D Interactive Notebook - revisited

We are about a week behind our Interactive Notebook Series. I still wanted to post them for those using them week by week. But I did not want to speed up the learning process for Kaleb. We will stay on this track for awhile. This week, our letter learning was D. Kaleb worked on his D notebook pages.


I like to start out with some flip books. We talk about different words that begin with the letter D.


Kaleb's scissor skills are greatly improving. He loves to cut out the pictures and glue them under the flaps. He gets disappointed with himself when he over cuts, though.


Next, we worked on our one-to-one correspondence. He chose a number and then fed the dog the correct number of dog bones.


He liked "feeding" the dog the most with this page. We only worked with numbers 1 thru 5 right now but the pages include numbers thru 10.


There was also a dump truck letter sort game


He liked this game and he really wanted to glue down the dump trucks. I told him we could a little later so we could review more this week.


The alphabet dog was another game. The idea behind it was to use different colored blocks or pom poms to cover of each the letters.


Kaleb loves the color blue and insisted on finding all the blue blocks for every letter. He did tell me what letter he was covering so it was still a review. Kaleb has been loving is alphabet notebook. He is happy to have his "own" school book. Hope you are enjoying the Interactive Notebook printables as much as we are. See you soon.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. The Dog and Bone game is something that I made and is included in the printable pack Letter D Interactive Notebook Pages. You can find it under Wheel School Letter D.

      Delete