Monday, December 5, 2011

Book-n-Craft Advent Activities - December 5th

The Twelve Days of Christmas

Our fifth book is The 12 Days of Christmas. This isn't actually the book that I have. I bought the book here at a used sale and it is from Marks and Spencer, a European distributor. But any of The 12 Days of Christmas books will do. I personally love the one by Robert Sabuda which is a great pop up or the one by Jan Brett. I love Jan Brett!
After reading/singing our book, we played a 12 Days of Christmas matching game. When we flipped over the cards, we sang what it was. I found this game at Musings of Me blog, though I can't find the direct link.
I found a 12 Days of Christmas app that was free. It plays the song in the back ground and as you turn each page, you can touch the new gifts. It was cute and the graphics were great.
We made a partridge ornament from fun foam. The pattern for the partridge was found here. She chose the colors. I told her she could use pink for the wing if she picked another color for the body. Then I brought out the glitter, something she has been waiting for. I believe it will be a glitter Christmas this year. I imagine I will have to restock my glitter supply this year.

This was our end result -

Now J is just waiting for us to put up the tree so she can hang her projects on it. On another note, let me show you what I have been working on.
This is my IKEA ornament tree that I bought last year for 1TL (the only after season sale we had here!). I have been making different ornaments for it. These are my new creations - tree photo holders. They are made from felt and were hand sewn. I found the template at Wee Folk Art. I omited the year. I think they turned our cute.

After I planned The 12 Days of Christmas for J, I found another website with some cute printables for the song/story. I may even print them out still and use them this month, especially the number writing practice sheets. 1+1+1=1 has some great printables, check her site out. We are off to a new book, enjoy your day. Enjoy your holiday season because, even though it can be hectic, you can enjoy seeing the lights and listening to Christmas music - we don't really have that here. I miss the little things sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment