Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Book-n-Craft Advent Activities December 7th

Under My Hood I Have a Hat

Our 7th book is Under My Hood, I Have a Hat by Karla Kuskin. This isn't necessarily a Christmas book but I thought it would fit since it is winter.


First, we started with a craft recycling a milk bottle into a snowman. Keke is all about recycling now. This is relatively new concept and Keke has been learning about the importance of recycling (which we always did in the states). I have seen these around using larger milk bottles but these are the ones we have here.


Cute. These are really cute with a strand of lights inside but I don't have those either. Then we played Christmas Bingo.
 

We used buttons as bingo markers. J made a hat ornament to hang on our tree. It is made from foam and she created a pattern at the bottom of the hat using squares.


This is our finished ornament.


As a special treat, we made edible snowflakes from tortillas and powdered sugar. After heating them up in the microwave, J brushed them with oil and I baked them. When they were done, J sprinkled powdered sugar on them. She liked these so much that she promptly ate them while watching the Grinch. (ours don't look like those at Family Fun but they were still good)

And here is J presenting them to you.
We are moving on......

No comments:

Post a Comment