Sunday, December 18, 2011

Book-n-Craft Advent Activities December 18th

Badger's Christmas Day with Poster (Oaktree Wood)
Our 18th book of Advent is Badger's Christmas Day by Alan and Linda Parry. I always love books that have little things to do or mini books to read. This has a multitude of activities based on Badger's gifts that he brings his friends. The last activity listening to the true Christmas story about Jesus. Our craft was to create a wreath for our door. I had planned on J painting these but we used all of our green paint on other projects and I am having difficulty finding green paint where I shop. So J colored them with different colored green markers. The wreath template can be found at Mrs. Pancake.


I am really proud of her, she wanted to cut the leaves out herself. They weren't the easiest things to cut out either. She is getting better at using the scissors.
 

J glued some red pom poms for holly berries.


And our finished wreath....


I brought out our 12 Days of Christmas game where J has to practice writing her numbers. We sang the song when we rolled one of the numbers.


We are still waiting for our salt dough ornaments to dry. I must not have the right setting on my oven because it is taking awhile. So we will have to wait to paint them. We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our family in a couple of days, yay!!! We are definitely getting into the Christmas Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment