Friday, December 16, 2011

Seussmas!

I have a teenage daughter who absolutely loves Dr. Seuss. This Christmas I wanted to give her something she would (hopefully) cherish. I made her a Dr. Seuss tree. Some of the ornaments were just laminated books covers or finger puppets that I found. But I did make some from felt. I am pretty happy with how it turned out, I just hope my DD will love it.


I made a Cat in the Hat hat for the top of the tree and some mini bunting as garland around the tree.


Here is my Horton Hears a Who.


My Lorax trees, I think that is what they are called.


Green Eggs and Ham


The Grinch and his heart that grew...
Ten Apples on Top...

Thing 1 and 2...


and a quote for Dr. Seuss himself.


It was difficult to put together with my younger daughter around. I didn't want her to let the cat out of the bag so I kept telling her I was making a game. I think it turned out cute. Now, if I can find some Dr. Seuss fabric while in the states next year, maybe she will get a tree skirt.

Some Dr. Seuss Links....

2 Teaching Mommies printable unit on Seuss

Making Learning Fun printable activities

Seussville this is where I found the finger puppets

Crack of Dawn Crafts this is where I got the pattern for Thing 1 and 2

Oh, My Handmade tutorial for the mini bunting

Class Room Jr idea for the Lorax trees

Craft Snob top hat tutorial

Obseussed everything Seuss

No comments:

Post a Comment