Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Book-n-Craft Advent Activities December 14th

Merry Christmas Big Hungry Bear (Child's Play Library)

Our 14th book (and counting...) is Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear by Don and Audrey Wood. This is a sequel of sorts to The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and the Big Hungry Bear. In this book, the mouse does a very sweet thing for the bear whom he finds out doesn't have any presents. It is a cute story that teaches the spirit of giving. We played a rhyming game with some presents that I colored. J had to guess what color my present was based on the rhyming words.


We also played Don't Eat Pete again. This time I convinced her to take turns being the guesser and the Pete holder. She likes this game.


Our craft for this book was to make a paper snowglobe. First, I painted her hand with white paint and placed it on the blue paper. She added snowflakes by using the eraser of a pencil dipped in white paint.


After it was dry, J added the snowman details using markers.


We then glued it to black paper to make it look like a snow globe. For the circle patterns, I just traced some plastic lids.


This turned out cute and I love that the snowmen are made from her handprint. I have seen a version of this craft using a Christmas ball. What a neat keepsake. I always love stuff made from my kids handprints. Moving on......

No comments:

Post a Comment