All most there -yay! Sadie and the Snowman by Allen Morgan- am I wishing for snow? Not really. I mentioned before that I am using every book possible for our Advent activities. I think when I am back in the states I will look for more Christmas books (sometimes hard to do since I am usually there during the summer). We started our book early by having a Christmas breakfast. I made J a pancake that looked like Rudolph with alittle imagination.
Needless to say,my little girl was thrilled! What does Rudolph have to do with the book? Absolutely nothing but it was fun anyway! After our Christmas pancake breakfast, we had some major baking to do. So, instead of a craft and a game, we made large quantities of snowman cookies to sell at our church bazaar. The bazaar's profits are to go to the victims of the earthquake in Van. Many people are still displaced, living in makeshift tents and winter has already arrived. The ground is covered in snow and these tents are not equipped to keep out the cold. Many are traveling there to build better shelters and this bazaar will help fund the building.
They turned out cute, now I just hope they sell. We are all most there. Hope everyone is enjoying the season.
No comments:
Post a Comment