Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Book-n-Craft Advent Activities December 21st

The Jacket I Wear in the Snow

Our 21st book is The Jacket I wear in the Snow by Shirely Neitzel. This book might not be about Christmas but I felt like it could be used. It is a fun book that helps pre-readers join in the reading with pictures. We started with making simple snowman cookies using a circle cookie cutter. We added chocolate chips for the eyes and mouth and T M&M's for the nose.


J just loves her tutus!

After they were baked, they looked like this:


Kinda cute, huh? Very simple and no frosting needed. We will definitely be making these again. Our craft was to make a snowman from a popsicle stick. I used a jumbo craft stick so it would be easier to decorate for J. First, she painted it white.


After ir dried, J added snowman details like a scarf, hat, and a carrot nose.


J with her snowman ornament -


Instead of a game, I thought I would leave you with a video that Keke and J made for the school Holiday Talent Show. It is them singing and it turned out very cute! They are singing the song, "Anything you can do, I can do better!" (the song was my idea!) Hope you enjoy it.



No comments:

Post a Comment